Thursday, 19 August 2010
9:22 am
Starbucks, Jiu Zhou Cheng, Zhuhai
Chevron Six – Encoded
I woke up this morning to a woman’s voice in my ear, whispering gently, ‘Sarmad, wake up.’ I think it was repeated a few times till I actually woke up. Of course, I’m too intelligent to believe in ghosts and all that silly man-made nonsense, and our upbringing has been completely in line with the principles of the Bahá’í Faith. We are aware that the worlds of God are many, and that God has created everything good, and that evil does not exist, but is the absence of good, just as ghosts do not really exist, and all souls that pass from this world do not return.
The voice was interesting. If, for example, Varya were in the house, it would have been Varya’s voice for sure. I’ve woken up many mornings in the past with Dad’s or Mum’s voices in my ear, calling my name, but never a woman I do not know. It was such a nice, gentle voice, full of love and affection, which is why I think it was Varya’s voice on some level. If anyone’s watched the Lord of the Rings, the voice was like Princess Arwen’s when she spoke to Aragorn – so full of love, gentleness and kindness.
I had a very interesting dream. It was so science-fiction, so ‘spaceshippy’ that it’s probably a result of watching Stargate. I’m not entirely sure where I was, but I think I was in the US on a trip, and presidential elections were going on. It looked like Obama was going to win his second term. I was in this huge, green field, and everything looked so lovely and peaceful – blue skies, green grass, but I couldn’t help feeling a sense of doom – that something massive was about to happen. And then it happened!
In the sky suddenly appeared a massive spaceship, surrounded by three or four other smaller ones. They actually looked nice and colorful, like balloons. They were oval shaped, with small wings much like the fins of a dolphin.
Suddenly, huge dinosaur-like creatures sprang out from them and jumped down. Believe me, it was scary! People were running and hiding, and these dinosaurs were actually chasing people and snapping them up! I hid with a couple of people in some stalls and watched the mayhem unfold. Incredible! Then a little one appeared and started coming for me. I shut the stall door, made sure the window at the other end was fastened tight, and waited. Some squeaking outside, and then all was quiet. And this was when the woman’s voice started in my ear, gently waking me up. Amazing! If it was you, Varya, thank you. :-) I had no idea how to deal with those things. :-)
Yesterday was a rather nice day. I went for a haircut in the afternoon to my favorite place – the salon near Jusco. They always start with a hairwash and shoulder massage, and then proceed to the haircut. As the barber started snipping away, a rather nice-looking gentleman came and sat on the waiting couch behind me with an ashtray and lit cigarette in his hand. I turned around, and said, ‘Excuse me, please don’t smoke here.’ I guess he misunderstood me, for the next thing I knew, he came up to me, took out his cigarette pack and offered me one! How sweet! I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. And that’s what I love about the Chinese – they are so pure hearted that they cannot imagine that someone would say something weird to them. He immediately assumed that I wanted a smoke too, and quickly offered to share. Amazing! I shook my head and said, ‘No, I don’t want to smoke, please don’t smoke here.’ He nodded and went off to the other side of the salon. Awww… He was SUCH a nice man that I felt bad for him, and after my haircut I went up to him, shook his hand and said, ‘Thank you for not smoking, it was very nice of you.’ He nodded and smiled. I don’t think he spoke much English, so he couldn’t respond, but he was SUCH a nice gentleman!
In the afternoon I went swimming with Louis and Luke, YY’s sons. We had a great time. These guys love having fun in the water.
After swimming we all went for dinner at a dumpling restaurant which comes from the north east of China. Their food was amazing – we had roasted pork ribs, fried fungus in vinegar on ice, and three kinds of dumplings – one fried, two steamed. Nice! Add to that the lovely Chinese green tea that they serve at restaurants, and oh man!
I’ll be going swimming with Jason, Yoyo and Jason’s uncle in Hua Fa this afternoon.
The weather’s been quite unusual lately. It sometimes suddenly rains in the morning for around 10 minutes, and then the rain stops, the clouds roll away and, as the Beatles once sang, ‘Here Comes The Sun!’ Fabulous!
I discovered a new song today – ‘She Will Be Loved’ by Maroon 5, an LA garage band. Some of their songs are nice, and their music videos are the type that make every upright human feel a little shy, but this particular song is pretty nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment